Mask Update – July 2022
Following from the updated request from the Ministries and Health and Education the following policies will be in place with regards to MAsk Wearing for the first 4 Weeks of Term 3 2022. Extra masks will be available onsite when required.
Mask Use at Emmanuel Christian School
– Staff and Students in classes from Years 5-10 should wear masks when inside unless they have a mask exemption. Information on getting an official mask exemption can be found at Mask Exemption Application. It is noted that swimming is a time when wearing masks is not practical.
– Staff and Students in Year 1-4 masks continue to be optional in class.
– Outside of classes staff should wear masks when in any indoor working spaces with other people present. This includes shared office spaces, staff meetings etc.
– Singing and playing wind instruments can continue, however, maintaining physical distancing and good ventilation is important.
– For Year 7-10 students this mask wearing requirement will include their offsite technology classes at Middleton and CAS respectively.
– Any parents and visitors on site will be asked to wear masks at all times
Current ECS Covid Response Plan can be found here