Our School Character
We believe that God is eternal and triune; our Creator, Sovereign and Provider; that we are created in His image, that we fell into sin and were restored to relationship with Him through faith in Jesus Christ who died for our sins and was raised again to rule with Him. We believe that the Holy Spirit works in us to transform us to His likeness. In God, we live and move and have our being. We believe that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God. Emmanuel Christian School seeks to integrate scriptural principles through all aspects of life and learning.
Emmanuel Christian School with its range of quality learning opportunities in a rapidly changing educational environment and society, aims to be a school that makes a positive difference. We believe that Emmanuel Christian School's co-educational environment develops confident, positive, well-adjusted children, equipped to succeed in further education and life. As a school we have a clear view of where we are going, if you want quality education, high levels of achievement, a balanced curriculum and teachers who care we encourage you to join us. We welcome you to become part of our vision.
Please feel free to contact the school if you wish to know more about us and what we are able to offer your family in the coming years.
"A THRIVING BIBLE-BASED LEARNING COMMUNITY.”
"The mission of the school is to provide a stable secure community of learning where parents with a common interest in Christian Education, in partnership with teachers, seek to help and guide their children to respond to God's claims on their lives."
Christian Education at Emmanuel Christian School acknowledges:
- God as Creator
- Jesus Christ as Saviour
- The Holy Spirit as Teacher
- Scripture as the divinely inspired, infallible Word of God
- Parental Biblical mandate to ‘train up a child in the way he should go.’ (Proverbs 22:6)
- School to support and partner parents
- All aspects of life relate directly to God
- A creation that finds its coherence and meaning in Christ
We have high expectations of behaviour and achievement for our learners and this is supported through the ECSW (Emmanuel Christian School Way)
E – Excellence
C – Christ Like Character
S – Service
W – Wisdom
Statement of Faith
The Trust understands the fundamental importance of a clearly defined statement of its Christian position, and has adopted the following Statement of Faith.
- We believe in one God, eternal in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit the only living and true God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the only inspired and infallible record of the revelation of God to man, and are the supreme authority in all matters of life and faith.
- We believe in the universal sovereignty of God over all that He has created and maintains.
- We believe in the Providence of God whereby he sustains the universe, governs the world, supplies the needs of His people and brings His will to pass.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God to have dominion over the earth and to do all things to the glory of God.
- We believe in man's universal fall through Adam's transgression and in his subsequent disobedience, guilt, condemnation and judgment before God.
- We believe that God by His grace, and according to His good pleasure, restores to himself and to His service, all who in true faith call on the name of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of the Father: That He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a Virgin, crucified as a ransom for many, died and was buried, was raised from the dead and ascended into heaven. He is presently at the right hand of God the Father, and will personally return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to apply the benefits of Christ's redemption to individual sinners, working in them regeneration, faith, repentance, sanctification and glorification.
- We believe in one holy and universal Church which Christ the Lord and Head, gathers, preserves, and defends for Himself by His Spirit and Word, out of the whole human race.